Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We’re proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities – from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Works independently, performs advance maintenance and repair throughout the warehouse.Reviews inspection and repair reports and observes progress of work on major overhauls to evaluate efficiency and work quality.
- Performs all repair and adjustment of refrigeration system, doors, dock boards, pallet racks, sweepers, sprinkler systems, forklifts, pallet trucks, and electrical work in accordance with OSHA Standards
- Inspects forklifts, pallet jacks, and other operating equipment to ensure compliance with OSHA and operational standards
- Reviews inspection and repair reports and observes progress of work on major overhauls to evaluate efficiency and work quality
- Tests, maintains, and evaluates equipment performance using instruments such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, pyrometers, and pressure gauges
- Test and calibrate HVAC equipment
- Inspects completed work for compliance to blueprints, specifications, and safety standards
- Troubleshoots equipment and recommends corrective action
- Maintains tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and equipment carefully as instructed
- Maintains batteries and chargers in working order in accordance with OSHA Standard
- Conducts test of safety equipment (Exit signs, fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems, etc.) to ensure OHSA and operational standards
- Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records
- Follow attendance policy, arrive to work on time and ready to work assigned shift
- Answer after hours “call backs” as needed
- Keeps work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as required
- Performs related work and other job assignments as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 8+ years maintenance mechanic experience
- Fully competent to a high degree in mechanical knowledge
- Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and diagrams
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including overtime
- Must have strong relationship building skills
- Relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions
- Ability to perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others
- 3+ years Ammonia experience required or comparable refrigeration courses.
Tools and Technology Required:
- Knowledge of various types of equipment in maintenance or other trade experience
- Knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs
- Forklift certification
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Candidates with RETA courses preferred (However, as a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to certify in (3) courses during the first 18 months)
- HAZMAT trained candidates are preferred (However, as a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to be trained in HAZMAT, obtain and maintain the certification)
- OSHA PSM program knowledge is a plus.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW