Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic Newark, New Jersey
Shift: Second or Third
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Date Prepared: April 2013
Date Revised: June 2017
To ensure and provide support to the Maintenance Department for efficient operation of all plant machinery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Other duties may be assigned. (*Major duties / responsibilities required to accomplish the position’s basic functions are listed in order of importance)
- Responsible for troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems on various production equipment..
- Recommend improvements to equipment and processes to enhance quality and productivity.
- Must have the ability to navigate a CMMS system to complete assigned work orders
- Must have the ability to fill out process sheets; and to perform safety checks on machines.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance checks on all production equipment and machinery.
- Replaces and repairs parts on machines such as bearings, filters, wiring, valves, gauges and switches.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Replaces electrical parts and equipment.
- Observes and listens to mechanical devices in operation to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Start machines/devices to test their performance.
- Required to be on call and must be available to work additional hours as required to keep production running at peak performance when machines are down or not in operation.
- Maintains continuity among shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures and observes the operations to insure a safe environment
- Responsible for neat, clean, and attractive appearance of workshop, for adherence to GMP’s and OSHA regulations in the maintenance department, and provides necessary support to the food safety program.
- All responsibilities listed above are inclusive of the job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- High School diploma required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with process equipment up to 480V required
- Read and interpret machine electrical and mechanical drawings
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- NJ Boiler License (preferred not required)
(Specialized skills, type of instrumentation, mechanical dexterity, special equipment, etc.)
Career LevelTechnician Level 2