Cargill Meat Solutions is the umbrella organization of Cargill’s North American beef, turkey, and food distribution businesses. Our businesses based in Wichita, Kansas, provide wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful products to customers ranging from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets. These businesses employ more than 32,000 people in the US and Canada, who work at dozens of processing and support facilities.
At Cargill Beef, we know that our customers don’t just sell products; they sell the reputations behind those products. Our customers provide people with something that they crave and love and it’s a product that we love, too. And we understand how deeply the quality of our red meat connects to our customers’ reputations. After all, it’s our reputation, too. We have been innovating for the last 150 years to bring our partners new solutions that help nourish the world. We continue to aggressively pursue improvements and produce real results that impact not only our operations but our industry, employees and the world around us. By continuously improving our products, processes and services we are ensuring a better, more sustainable future for our employees, for our customers, for our communities and for our company.
This candidate will also perform work as assigned by their supervisor, identify follow-up work required, work to improve the condition of all facility departments, work as a team member with a positive attitude, and perform other duties including housekeeping, attending safety training, and attending communication meetings. This candidate will actively participate in the ammonia PSM program which includes refrigeration training, member of Limited Hazmat Response team, and reviewing/developing SOPs and task procedures. This position must be able to successfully complete Refrigeration Course and RETA Operator I Certification within 12 months of starting position.
This role of a Refrigeration Technician is to ensure the proper operation and maintenance of the refrigeration, boiler, and HVAC systems. The candidate will maintain optimum functionality for these systems by performing inspections, completing preventive maintenance measures (including data entry), repairing and modifying equipment and systems, inspecting buildings, grounds and equipment utilized by the facility, determining immediate and long range needs for maintenance and repair work , entering work orders utilizing maintenance computer programs, completing, signing and returning work orders to the Maintenance Supervisor complete with: work description, symptoms, as found, as left, start/finish time, labor hours, deficiencies, delays, and job plan feedback.
- 70% – Ensure refrigeration, boiler, and HVAC systems are operating properly through monitoring, PMs, and repairs
- 10% – Maintain boiler and refrigeration water chemistry through testing
- 10% – Participate in activities (training, system reviews, documentation) with the ammonia PSM program
- 10% – Miscellaneous tasks and duties assigned
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Technical degree in a HVAC or ammonia refrigeration or equivalent work experience with industrial ammonia refrigeration
- RETA/IIAR training and certification
- Previous experience with regulated PSM programs
- Previous ammonia refrigeration experience
- Electrical or mechanical experience
- Wisconsin Class A Boiler License
- Work history in last 12 months
Career LevelTechnician Level 3