At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Sysco Raleigh is located at: 1032 Baugh Rd; Selma, NC 27576
- Perform major and general mechanical repairs to Sysco vehicles and reefer units including trouble shooting mechanical problems and identifying their solution in an effort to correct malfunctions and reduce further breakdowns
- Follow PM schedules on all equipment
- Knowledge of Carrier and Thermo King refrigeration maintenance and diagnostics
- Temperature calibration of refrigeration equipment
- Complete repair of vehicles in accordance with DOT and State laws.
- Maintain accurate records of each repair performed on Sysco vehicles.
- Maintain shop area by keeping tools and equipment picked up, cleaning up liquid spills, sweeping floors, dumping trash, and performing other related duties.
- Other duties may be assigned
- ** This position works Sundays to Thursdays and will be working either a 2nd or 3rd shift** Interested applicants must be willing to work either shift.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent; minimum two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 year Heavy Duty Truck/Tractor Trailer mechanic experience
- Refrigeration maintenance and repair experience
- Must have a valid Driver License and the ability to meet Sysco’s driving qualifications.
- Ability to drive a tractor trailer
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly, 75 pounds occasionally
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as excellent mathematical skills
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and mandatory ergonomics medical exam
- Certificates and or experience in diesel engines, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and braking systems
- Knowledge of basic welding and use of acetylene torch
- Must provide basic mechanical tools.
- Class A CDL License
- 2-year degree or Technical Certification in related background
- Knowledge of compliance with OSHA and DOT regulations
- Previous Sysco experience
- Knowledge of Thermo King and Carrier refrigeration equipment
- Minimum 3 years’ Thermo King Experience
- Refrigerant license
- ASE certified
- Current state inspection license
- CDL Air Brake certified
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
The Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customer, clients, and or other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and occasionally required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly, 75 pounds occasionally.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.