Maintenance Mechanic – Bedford Park, IL – Night Shift 7PM to 7AM – Project 2
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows safety rules and keeps work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Works from specifications, blueprint drawings and layouts.
- Troubleshooting of mechanical, electrical wiring and electronic controllers is necessary.
- Repair equipment to maximum efficiencies which meet or exceed productivity improvements and waste reduction requirements.
- Perform all preventive maintenance checks as required.
- Continuously monitor equipment and communicate to supervision all equipment problems or concerns.
- Tear down; replace defective component units and parts such as bearings, motors, servo motors, PLC’s, gears, electronic drives, clutches, brakes, belts, chains and electrical parts.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Candidate should have 3+ years of Maintenance experience within a manufacturing organization.
- Prior Injection Molding or Extrusion preferred.
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with Packaging Equipment is desirable.
- Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical systems and machinery
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Should have own tools; company will provide additional specialty tools if necessary.
- Proficient with Computers is a plus.
- Good communication skills are required to interact with Supervision and other Departments.
Career LevelTechnician Level 1