Location: Anacortes, WA (Anacortes, WA)
Repairs and maintains refrigeration units and mechanical equipment by performing the following duties:
- Observes and tests system operation using gauges and instruments.
- Adjust valves according to specifications and charges system with proper type of refrigerant by pumping the specified gas or fluid into system.
- Tests lines, components and connections for leaks.
- Dismantles malfunctioning systems and test components, using electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic testing equipment.
- Adjusts or replaces worn or defective mechanisms and parts, and reassemble repaired systems.
- Brazes or solders parts to repair defective joints and leaks.
- Performs mechanical overhauls and refrigerant reclaiming.
- Installs expansion and control valves, using acetylene torchers and wrenches.
- Installs wiring to connect components to an electric power source.
- Keeps record of repairs and replacements made and causes of malfunctions.
- Initiates purchase orders for parts.
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Current R.E.T.A. or Refrigeration certification required, if not currently certified, must be able to do so within 1 year.
Minimum 2 years experience using general refrigeration competencies, including but not limited to ammonia systems repair.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of email, spreadsheet software, word processing software and presentation software.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Mental Activities: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use teamwork skills. The employee will occasionally use interpersonal and customer service skills.
Trident Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Affirmative Action – Minority, Female, Disability, Veteran