Industrial Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator
Rochester Midland, Lynn Massachusetts
The Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator is responsible for operating, calibrating and maintaining all functional wastewater treatment equipment and control systems for a major food processor. MA State operator license 3M is required.
The treatment process consists of pre-screening, equalization, pH adjustment, coagulation, flocculation, solids separation using dissolved air flotation. Clarified water is discharged to municipal sewer. Liquid sludge is removed daily. Plant operation is automated and requires plant operator intervention for full optimization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect samples from influent flow, effluent flow and operation basins to meet permit requirements and assess system performance.
- Maintain accurate data records on operational parameters, daily activities, maintenance and collected samples for compliance reporting and operational analysis.
- Trouble shoot and repair all equipment in the wastewater treatment plant with the cooperation of maintenance department staff.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend required for virtually the entire shift. Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds occasionally and be able to use a hand truck for movement of full 55gal drums.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment. Some daily tasks take place outdoors regardless of weather.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Rochester Midland Corporation has been owned by the same family for over 125 years, gaining a reputation for stability, growth, and continual improvement. The company is proud to be LEED and ISO 9001 certified. It’s time to join a company with unbeatable benefits, and where your growth will set yourself up for a lifetime of success. Check out our www.rochestermidland.com or visit our YouTube channel!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, and genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, EOE /IWD/PV
Career LevelTechnician Level 1